This position is responsible for a broad scope of duties within the Logistics organization with primary accountabilities in the areas of operations, carrier management and projects/process improvement (as detailed below). The Specialist will work with logistics providers, sales, customer service and the warehouse team, to understand service requirements and execute shipment planning activities in a timely manner. This function will align with the objectives of a supply chain organization that focuses on optimization, resilience, and the customer experience. In this growing business, understanding the end-to-end supply chain and how product flows through the company’s network will be key to the Specialist’s ability to deliver results above and beyond what is being done today.
- Serve as company’s subject matter expert on LTL, Truckload, and Small Parcel shipping processes and transportation market.
- Plan all domestic shipments and manage special shipping solutions for key customers.
- Troubleshoot shipping failures and provide fast solutions for customers. Furthermore, perform root cause analysis for recurring issues to create sustainable, long-term solutions.
- Develop tools and processes to efficiently track domestic shipments. Provide sales support, exception communication, reporting.
- Audit freight invoices for domestic shipments and manage discrepancies with providers.
- Proactively monitor domestic shipping market and communicate outlook within the supply chain organization.
- Provide freight quotes, detailed rate analyses, and guidance to broader team on cost-effective solutions that meet customer commitments.
- Develop, deploy, monitor, and review performance metrics internally and with each provider. Foster strong working relationship with carriers by hosting joint-meetings at regular intervals.
- Identify and lead specific supply chain initiatives and process improvements that contribute to the efficiency of Pyramex Safety.
- Routinely assess cost-to-serve numbers and trends to uncover savings opportunities and drive change.
- Evaluate transportation management systems currently on the market for fit. Implement interim solutions to automate some of the manual shipping processes done today.
- Act in an advisory capacity to ERP steering committee on logistics and planning requirements to ensure successful implementation in 2021.
Job Specific Competencies
- Action Oriented – naturally inclined to get things done. Must be able to move quickly & efficiently between tasks and keep an even, pleasant attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Process Management- good at figuring out how to get things done. Organizes people and activities into efficient workflows. Understands what to measure and how to measure it.
- Creativity – open minded to doing things differently. Approaches problems and situations with curiosity and is comfortable with providing new ideas and creative solutions
- Problem Solving – identifies problems; researches and analyzes problems, determine alternative solutions, and creates action steps to solve problems
- Customer Focus- acts with customers in mind. Seeks and uses customer information to improve service
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or related field
• Minimum of 2 years related experience; preferably in transportation or distribution environment
• Broad experience with supply chain technologies such as ERP and TMS systems, analytics programs, shipment tracking software, etc.
• Demonstrated results in process and cost improvement projects
• Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with individuals in all types of roles and organizations.
To apply for this opportunity, email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org