Quality Control Specialist
The Quality Control Specialist will test and assess parts and products using a variety of techniques, checking that specifications are met, and that the product works as intended. The Quality Control Specialist will be responsible for identifying product defects or potential issues and determining what to do to resolve the issue. This may mean sending the product back through certain stages of the manufacturing process or pulling a product entirely if it does not meet expected standards of quality. The quality control specialist analyzes the results of lab or usability tests to identify these defects and make sure they do not persist. They will keep detailed records of product defects or manufacturing issues as they test and assess products to help identify and eliminate recurring problems. They will support improvement and innovation by making suggestion to improve specific processes and ensure that products are produced consistently, and that defects or other errors will not persist throughout the manufacturing process.
· Ensures quality and regulatory compliance in accordance with documented procedures for all aspects of functional responsibility
· Participate in all aspects of SEI audits/training
· Reviews manufacturing plans and processes to ensure part conformity to design requirements
· Performs onsite source inspections of product and review of applicable documentation
· Performs audits and surveillance of internal and external quality systems, processes, and procedures.
· Assists with investigations utilizing proven problem-solving methodologies.
· Assists warehouse with year-end inventory
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a product quality role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree preferred.
· Strong understanding of, and experience with, auditing and managing quality systems
· Proficient in the use of quality testing tools/metrics
· Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas, concepts, and proposals to a wide range of audiences at all levels.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
· Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds and physically sort through product on foot for several hours when necessary.