This position is responsible for the execution of Pyramex’s international shipments: inbound and outbound (customer orders exported worldwide). This entails collaboration with logistics providers, sales, customer service and the warehouse team, to understand service requirements and create shipment plans in a timely manner. This function will align with the objectives of a supply chain organization that focuses on optimization, resilience, and the customer experience.
- Serve as company’s subject matter expert on export and import shipping modes, processes, compliance and the international transportation market.
- Partner with supply planning organization to ensure that inbound shipments from manufacturers meet delivery requirements. Assist in booking and allocation management with steamship lines and NVOCC’s as needed.
- Plan all export shipments which includes management of international documentation requirements in coordination with Pyramex’s and customers’ freight forwarders.
- Troubleshoot shipping failures and provide fast solutions for customers. Furthermore, perform root cause analysis for recurring issues to create sustainable, long-term solutions.
- Utilize current technology to track international shipments. Provide sales support, exception communication, reporting.
- Provide international freight quotes with guidance on optimal cost solutions and audit freight invoices. Manage discrepancies with providers.
- Proactively monitor international shipping market and communicate outlook within the supply chain organization.
- Identify and participate in supply chain initiatives and process improvements that contribute to the efficiency of Pyramex Safety.
Job Specific Competencies
- Action Oriented – naturally inclined to get things done. Must be able to move quickly & efficiently between tasks and keep an even, pleasant attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Learning on the Fly- learns quickly when facing new problems. Has a genuine desire to learn and grow. Can deliver results in in challenging first-time situations.
- Creativity – open minded to doing thing differently. Approaches problems and situations with curiosity and is comfortable with providing new ideas and creative solutions
- Problem Solving – identifies problems; researches and analyzes problems, determine alternative solutions and creates action steps to solve problems
- Customer Focus- acts with customers in mind. Seeks and uses customer information to improve service
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or related field
- 2 years related experience in supply chain planning preferred; knowledge of international shipping a plus
- Experience with relevant technologies, external logistics providers, and/or international shipping a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to smoothly manage multi-step processes that cross functions from beginning to end
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with individuals in all types of roles and organizations